The obligation to attend Sunday Mass has been dispensed through September 6, 2020!
Versiti is taking every precaution when it comes to donor and patient safety. We’ve implemented extra precautions in abundance of caution which include;
- We are following all the additional precautions on our mobile blood drives consistent with CDC guidelines and are committed to keeping our donors and staff safe, while collecting the necessary lifesaving blood needed (refer to www.versiti.org/covid19 for additional information).
- Only healthy staff will be at the blood drive.
- We will be wiping down chairs, beds, equipment between EVERY donor and changing gloves between every donor.
- Staff and donors will be wearing masks (Donors are asked to provide their own mask, however if they present to donate without one, Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin will provide one to them).
- The CDC has publically shared the safety of being a blood donor and the need for blood donations to continue for patients needing blood to survive in this clip:
- For more information about Versiti and COVID-19, please visit: https://www.versiti.org/home/coronavirus-information
Saturday, August 1 - 9:30 a.m.
Help spread new mulch around the trees and bushes surrounding church! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
A Message From Father Jim
The Catholic Comeback
Watch Archbishop Listecki's "Welcome Back" message HERE.
Mass Schedule Beginning May 30, 2020
Sunday Morning -9:00 a.m.
TRI – PARISH MASS TIMES
Sunday-8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (Bi-lingual)
Sunday-7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
No weekday Masses at any parish.
Office Hours - Beginning May 18, 2020
Offices are in the Parish Center - 6068 Water Street
Please wear a face mask during your visit.
Emergency? If you have a pastoral emergency and need to reach a priest, please call our emergency after-hours number at 262-210-9588
Watch Our Priests Celebrate Mass
To Watch Fr. Jim celebrate Mass for the 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time click HERE
Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love you above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Messages Against Racism from our Bishops
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee has launched a new web page to help quarantined Catholics find communion with God, home, neighbor and the globe. Check it out HERE
Daily Message from the Archbishop
In these days of social distancing, enjoy hearing a daily message from Archbishop Jerome Listecki, Auxiliary Bishop James Schuerman or Auxiliary Bishop Jeffery Haines by clicking HERE
Mass on Radio or Television
WITI Fox 6 broadcasts the Sunday Mass LIVE from the Cathedral at 11:00 a.m.
Two Sunday Masses at the Cathedral are celebrated without an assembly. The 9:00 a.m. Mass is available on Radio 920 AM, W.O.L.F. and the 11:00 a.m. Mass is live-streamed on the Cathedral website.
Other TV Masses are available on WVTV, My24 at 7:00 and 9:00 a.m. and on WITI, Fox 6 at 5:30 a.m.
Live-Streamed Mass Choices
Tri-Parish Coronavirus Outreach Program
It appears the Coronavirus pandemic will be affecting our daily life for quite some time. Some of us may find a lot of extra time on our hands while others may need extra assistance during this quarantine. This point in time provides an extraordinary opportunity for us to come together as Burlington area Catholics.
Members from your parish outreach committee will be calling to check on your wellbeing and to assess your needs. We will be able to provide help in the following ways:
- Weekly grocery services – help with ordering online, pickup and delivery
- On-call errand service for any immediate needs
- Neighborhood volunteers to check in on you
Although our volunteers will be concentrating on calling elderly parishioners over the age of 70, these services are open to any parishioner who is isolated in quarantine. This includes parents with young children at home or medically fragile members who do not want to leave their homes. Please do not hesitate to call if you would like help or know a fellow parishioner who may need some! If you would like to volunteer, please call your parish coronavirus outreach coordinator:
St. Charles – Jackie Scholze 262-763-4611 or Mary Labadie 262-206-5569
St Joseph – Jerry Kuta 262-492-1570 or Sue Kuta 262-492-7570
St. Mary – Colleen Schiltz 262-716-2923 or Pam Aldrich 262-716-6324
Weekly Groceries – Brian Daniel 262-492-6026
On-Call program - Kathy Baumeister, 262-763-3441 orStacy Alan 262-210-2226
If you find yourself in a position to help your fellow parishioners who have been negatively affected, please consider sending a donation to the Knights of Columbus at St. Mary’s or St. Charles, or the Helping Hands Committee at St. Charles Parish.
To donate to the Knights of Columbus make your check out to:
Monsignor Heim Council 15665 and send it to: Mark Mandry, 513 Lewis St, Burlington, WI 53105,
To donate to the St. Charles Helping Hands make your check out to them and send it to:
St. Charles Parish Office, 440 Kendall St., Burlington, WI 53105
St. Joseph Church has made Online Giving available for our weekly offerings, as well as other parish collections. Donating is simple, safe, and secure and take less than five minutes.
You’ll be able to give to any of our collections and view complete financial records at any time. Set up a one-time or recurring donation by following these three easy steps:
- Click on the Online Giving link.
- Select the collection you wish to donate to and click to make a donation.
- Enter your payment information.
That’s it. You can return at any time to edit your donation or to view your financial records.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Which payment methods are accepted?
A: Contributions from checking accounts, savings accounts, debit cards, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) are all accepted.
Q: Do parishioners receive receipts for their donations?
A: Yes, all contributors enrolled for online giving will receive receipts via e-mail.
Q: What if parishioners feel uncomfortable not having something to physically drop into the collection basket?
A: We provide printable donation slips that can be placed into the collection basket.
Q: Is WeShare safe?
A: Yes. We implement the safest security standards for online transactions and your privacy is protected at all times. We are certified with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) as a Level 1 Service Provider.
Q: How can I enroll and start donating?
A: Click on the link above or call the parish office for more information.
Synod Information and Updates
Mission Statement for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee
To proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through his saving death and resurrection by calling, forming and sending disciples to go and make new disciples.
As a people, we are called to encounter Jesus and grow as disciples through the sacramental life of the Church.
2 Guys and a Gospel
Prepare yourself for this week's Gospel with Fr. Phillip Bogacki and Fr. Ricardo Martin as they brainstorm about their homilies and reflect on the Gospel reading.
Readings for the week of August 2, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:1-3 / Ps 145:8-9, 15-16, 17-18 [cf. 16] / Rom 8:35, 37-39 / Mt 14:13-21
- Monday: Jer 28:1-17 / Ps 119:29, 43, 79, 80, 95, 102 [68b] / Mt 14:22-36
- Tuesday: Jer 30:1-2, 12-15, 18-22 / Ps 102:16-18, 19-21, 29 and 22-23  / Mt 14:22-36 or Mt 15:1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Jer 31:1-7 / Jer 31:10, 11-12ab, 13 [cf. 10d] / Mt 15:21-28
- Thursday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a, 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mt 17:1-9
- Friday: Na 2:1, 3; 3:1-3, 6-7 / Dt 32:35cd-36ab, 39abcd, 41 [39c] / Mt 16:24-28
- Saturday: Hb 1:12—2:4 / Ps 9:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [11b] / Mt 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a / Ps 85:9, 10, 11-12, 13-14  / Rom 9:1-5 / Mt 14:22-33